Join Games Week Denmark in Aarhus and Copenhagen between April 18th and April 23rd!
Games Week Denmark gathers 18 events that focus on and celerate the Danish games sector - see the full program here: http://gamesweek.dk/
WHAT IS GAMES WEEK DENMARK
April 18-23, Games Week Denmark sets the spotlight on Danish Games. It gathers Nordic Game Jam, Spilprisen, CPH MatchUp, Game Developer Talks and much more. During the week, Copenhagen and Aarhus will turn into a hot spot for game designers, programmers, graphic artists, business experts, gamers and game interested locals and tourists.
GOALS OF GAMES WEEK DENMARK
- Make the Danish Game Industry visible to a broader audience nationally and internationally – as culture and business.
- Bring the Danish Game Industry together and celebrate itself together with a global industry.
- Create a week for, and together with, the industry itself.
- Give the industry a boost of new insights – by bringing the best from outside Denmark to Denmark.
- To be a Games Week that developers from all Denmark and the rest of the world attends to.
Games Week Denmark was initiated as a concept the summer of 2015, under the name Copenhagen Games Festival. The need and idea of a big annual event had been in many peoples thoughts for some years, but it was not until IGDA and The Danish Producers Association agreed to join forces with their existing events Nordic Game Jam and Spilprisen that the idea began to shape up, all initiated by developers themselves in the two organizations. Soon after Interactive Denmark joined in with a Business & Development conference, and the basic program was ready. This leads on to the first Copenhagen Games Festival on April 6-10 2016 and now, with a change of name and a lift, opens on April 19th as Games Week Denmark. We hope to see you there!