We teach, develop and support computer game startups, with the purpose of helping the founders to build sustainable and successful game companies. We do this by providing support and resources to startups who join Game Hub Denmark, and by building a national and international network with the game industry.
We exist for the benefit of all our startup companies, and in all matters we strive to further their goals for becoming successful.
We believe that incubation must meet startup and company founders at eye-level. If this is your first startup company, we provide solid support to understand how to run a business, develop games as products, and to stay motivated even when things get tough. If you are a more experienced game developer, we offer production, management and strategic level guidance.
Game Hub Denmark is a non-profit organization, and with no investment or ownership of the games or companies we support, we will work directly with publishers, investors or other partners to generate growth and business on behalf of the companies we support.
MODEL FOR INCUBATION
Game Hub Denmark has developed a model for incubation of computer game startups. Game developers join a 2-year business development education, where they follow a course plan with topics including sales and marketing, business models in games, finances, and development of business strategies for game companies. Each module concludes with exams and course certifications.
In parallel with the above education, each startup company will develop their company and products. Most of our startups establish a studio office at one of our physical locations and begins dedicated work to develop their game(s).
In addition to the above - we work consistently with each company, by providing sparring on business matters as well as creative, technical and social/ team development. Our team of advisors follow, support and monitor each company closely, and helps each team to identify key strengths and weaknesses, and to act in a timely manner towards threats, business opportunities, production challenges, and general company operation.
Finally we also provide companies with a broad range of opportunities and options through our network and partners. We facilitate matchmaking with potential partner studios or employees, and thus provide teams with access to skills and resources to boost their productions. We provide access to lectures and Danish industry events. We provide the opportunity to attend global game industry conferences, with access to investors, publishers and business partners.
We have established a network of external consultants to call upon when companies need specific services (for example lawyers, banks and accountants).
In all of the above – we work directly and personally with each team, to make sure they learn and evolve in the direction they wish to go in, and to help them build a successful games company.
As an indie startup game company joining GameHub, you get to be part of Denmark's best and most ambitious game incubation program. More specifically this includes:
Game Hub Denmark office in Grenaa:
Office space. Pricing:
- Work desk in an open office space: 400 DKK/month (excl. VAT)
- Office space 2000-2500 DKK/month (excl. VAT). Price depends on office size.
Included in the rent is as follows:
- Desk/ table
- Meeting rooms (whiteboards, big screen)
- Kitchen (shared)
Opportunity to join the following
- Personal guidance throughout 2-year program from experienced game industry leaders, to help you build a successful game company.
- Academy Profession Program ("Akademiuddannelse i Innovation, Produkt og Produktion") with certifications.
- International game conferences. Promote and pitch your games.
- Creative and technical sparring from game industry professionals.
- Legal and financial consulting from our external lawyers and accountants (Basic consulting is free. Larger projects at favorable prices).
- Workshops and lectures by external speakers from the game industry.
- Access to Dania Games academy, and the facilities of the nearby schools.
- Social events and fun (game jams, Friday beers, e-sports competitions, and overall a place where everyone is into games!)